Indian Affairs | Enrollment


The Enrollment office provides proof of Alaska Native blood to Alaska Natives that can show direct lineal descent from an Original Enrollee listed on the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act - ANCSA - Rolls.

In the Alaska Region, Enrollment clerks in the Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau offices process applications for Certificates of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Indian Preference for Employment, BIA Form 4432, to anyone who can provide documentation that he or she is a direct lineal descendant of an ANCSA Enrollee.

Although the Alaska Region Enrollment department does not provide enrollment services for American Indians from outside Alaska, the Enrollment Staff can assist in locating contact information for their American Indian Tribe if the person can provide the name of the Tribe.

See contact information and hours of operation on the right hand side of this page.

Guide to Tracing American Indian & Alaska Native Ancestry - Bureau of Indian Affairs

Tribal Leaders Directory

Enrollment enrollheader